Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New to the forum new to Nikon digital

kidkwattro

Loveland, US
17 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: New to the forum new to Nikon digital"

kidkwattro Registered since 26th Aug 2008
Wed 25-Jul-12 03:39 AM

Welcome to Nikonians, it's a good group and there is a lot of feedback and information to be had.

I started in film too with a Canon AE1 and then a Nikon N75. I wasn't a pro at the time and shot mostly Kodak VC160. I also come from a graphic design background and one other place to start exploring is the White Balance settings. These can make a pretty big difference in the shots, and the settings lend themselves to some really rapid color abstractions too if you enjoy experimenting. However, I do a lot of my refinement in post, not in-camera. There are too many articles online/books to mention but one I like in general is Photoshop for Photographers by Martin Evening. It has its up sides and down sides but in general I have gotten quite a bit out it for post.

I too am new to the D700 and so far I really like it. I hope you enjoy yours.

scott conner
www.scottconnerdesign.com

https://www.facebook.com/ScottConnerDesign.llc

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic New to the forum new to Nikon digital [View all] , Bearsmom2 Silver Member , Mon 23-Jul-12 05:16 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New to the forum new to Nikon digital
Reply message Limited success with manual
Reply message RE: Limited success with manual