Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New to the forum new to Nikon digital

Bearsmom2

Florence, US
75 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"New to the forum new to Nikon digital"

Bearsmom2 Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jul 2012
Mon 23-Jul-12 07:16 PM | edited Mon 23-Jul-12 07:19 PM by Bearsmom2

Hi Everyone

Well after reading for two weeks I finally figured out how to post. DUH. Amazing how you can look right at something and not see it.

I just bypassed the latest and greatest to begin my foray back into serious photography with digital and a D700. Brand spanking new off the camera store shelf, Im glad I made this decision..

D700 seemed so much like my old babies, my FM-2's when it first introduced itself however this is one complex baby so Im sure I'll be back for more help from time to time.

My biggest problem is not all those selections in the menus system, I can wade through that. The problem is what the settings mean and how to relate that to all the old films I knew so well. IE: how do I setup for a K-25 look for my macro or and E-64 look for seas and forest landscapes. What if I want that Fujifilm look. Or if I need the speed of Kodacolor 400 that I used at the Balloon races and dog shows. Im pretty checked out now on ISO theoreticaly but I havent even started trying to put it into practice.

This may make no sense to the people who grew up on digital but maybe it will strike a cord with some of the older posters.

Anyway I've rambled long enough. If you can point me to any websites, pages, or posting that will get me started it would be much appreciated.

Thanks a bunch

Karen

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic New to the forum new to Nikon digital [View all] , Bearsmom2 Silver Member , Mon 23-Jul-12 05:16 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New to the forum new to Nikon digital
Reply message Limited success with manual
Reply message RE: Limited success with manual