Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Are you satisfied w/D700 over D3?

jgould2

Fort Pierce, US
4584 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Are you satisfied w/D700 over D3?"

jgould2 Gold Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Nikonian since 13th Oct 2007
Thu 14-Jun-12 04:37 PM

Hi all.

I am totally happy with my decision to purchase a D700 over the D3. The pro build of the D3 is very desirable but in the larger scheme of things the D700 is wholly adequate in terms of high ISO capability, frames per second and autofocus capability. To my way of thinking the D700 is a half priced D3.

I have to admit that I added a D3s when they came out but only because I needed the improved high ISO capability for shooting bands in dark bars without flash. In fact I waited as long as I could hoping a D700s would be released.

So now I have a D300-D700-D2h-D2x-D3s lineup of bodies. The D300 and D700 have grips and I am very comfortable moving fairly seamlessly between bodies.

My opinion is that you would never regret aquiring a D700.

JIM

A topic tagged as having a question Are you satisfied w/D700 over D3? [View all] , ZoneV Silver Member , Thu 14-Jun-12 03:22 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Are you satisfied w/D700 over D3?