Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Are you satisfied w/D700 over D3?

robsb

San Jose, US
14823 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Are you satisfied w/D700 over D3?"

robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006
Thu 14-Jun-12 06:54 AM

An interesting question. To preserve honesty I have to say that the D3 was not a serious choice for me when I wanted something better than my D200. So first off price was a factor and still is. the D3 is certainly a more capable camera and if you use a grip on a D700 the D700 is heavier. But if you choose to use the D700 sans grip like I do, you now have a much more compact body and a built in flash that is very handy when you don't want to haul around a larger flash. The images from the D700 are excellent and the capabilities of the camera are very close to the D3. So yes I am very happy that I purchased a D700 almost 4 years ago. It has held its value well, and has allowed me to take pictures I could not have made with a D200. It was in a price range that allowed me to spend more money on glass, always a better choice where the D3 would have not

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!
Old age is a special gift that very few receive. Be thankful if you get it.

A topic tagged as having a question Are you satisfied w/D700 over D3? [View all] , ZoneV Silver Member , Thu 14-Jun-12 03:22 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Are you satisfied w/D700 over D3?