Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

A short observation

pqtrths

Roseville, CA, US
1017 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: A short observation"

pqtrths Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 02nd May 2007
Fri 22-Jun-12 02:39 PM

> I really like the increased battery capability and use EN-EL4a batteries in my D300 and D700 grips as well as the batteries in the cameras. I consider a camera without a vertical shutter release to be crippled. To each his own. <

I concur with all the points made here. First time I used two batteries in the grip for the D200, I waited for a camera prompt to switch batteries - happened seamlessly. The D3-type battery that's available for the D700 grip will provide even greater capacity. I have large hands so the camera/grip combination balances and handles well for me and enables single-handed use.

> Aren't we lucky to have so many choices? <

Remember 30 years ago when Nikon life was a choice between a Nikon F2, F2S, or a used F, or a Nikormat EL or FT2? Body choice was relatively easy; lens choice, however, was the hard one. And when the EL was introduced, so much photographers proclaimed, "There goes the neighborhood." Now the F2S plus MD2/battery compartment was heavy - late 50's Cadalac heavy!

Mp

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic A short observation [View all] , 2pixels_short Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest , Sat 26-May-12 05:46 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: A short observation