Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I'd like to know how to set non-cpu lense data on my D7...

glxman

South Australia, AU
6651 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: I'd like to know how to set non-cpu lense data on my D700"

glxman Moderator Awarded for his high level skills, specially in Wildlife & Landscape Photography Nikonian since 04th Oct 2008
Sun 27-May-12 11:11 AM | edited Sun 27-May-12 11:23 AM by glxman

OK,
Here we go,
1.Turn Camera on
2. Press menu
3. Scroll down to set-up menu
4. Scroll right and scroll down to Non CPU lens data
5. Scroll right, then down
6. Enter Lens number
7. Enter focal length
8. Enter Maximum aperture
9. Scroll back up to "Done" and press OK

Lastly,
Your camera will not adjust for Zoom, so unfortunately you will have to pick some other focal lengths to choose from when zooming, I would start with every 100mm and do some testing

There are other options such as programing the Fn button and adding to "My menu" but some more reading of the manual is the go,
Have fun,
Regards,
Gary
PS: Have sent you a PM, which I guess you can ignore now as I am off fly fishing for a week, I am not totally sure how you go about this without missing a few mm but would suggest every 100mm to start with and try it out, that would mean, if zoom to 200mm for example, you would have to adjust the non-CPU data to suit, rather laborious I guess

I used to have a photographic memory but never got it developed

A general, generic topic I'd like to know how to set non-cpu lense data on my D7... [View all] , herbnapa Silver Member , Fri 25-May-12 10:19 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: I'd like to know how to set non-cpu lense data on m...