Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Grip battery "Intermittent"

Robp

Gainesville, US
951 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Grip battery "Intermittent""

Robp Gold Member Nikonian since 23rd Oct 2009
Sat 19-May-12 01:26 PM

Tom,

I''ve seen this happen on multiple devices including the D700 grip with batteries. It occurs, I think, because the contact surfaces of the battery holding device and the battery ends are made from products that easily corrode and that is often compounded by the fact that they are dissimilar materials. Short of going to gold on both holders and batteries, we are probably going to have to learn to live with some problems due to use of relatively easily corroded materials.

If I'm thinking, which admittedly is often not the case, I open new battery-holders and spray every metallic piece (obviously the battery-contact points and the new battery-ends) with "CRC QD Electronic Cleaner"; I repeat this process, plus generally clean everything, whenever I replace the batteries. This tends to work pretty well.

As a slight aside, the battery holders in Apple's remote keyboard and mouse appear to be built in a much more robust manner and tend to exhibit far fewer problems than any other battery-powered device I've seen.

Rob Puller
My Nikonians gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Grip battery "Intermittent" [View all] , slothead Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Sat 19-May-12 09:50 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Grip battery "Intermittent"