Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Grip battery "Intermittent"

slothead

Frederick, US
1905 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Grip battery "Intermittent""

slothead Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 12th Aug 2009
Sat 19-May-12 11:50 AM

Frequently when I take the D700 and grip out for some fast shooting, after only a few sequences I'll notice a slowing in the frame rate. When I check the grip battery in the control panel display (which showed a full BP 30 seconds ago), has dropped to 2 bars (out of the five). More often than not if I unscrew the grip thumbscrew and just break the connection of the contacts, and then reattach the grip, the 5 bars come right back. This morning I noticed that the same can happen if I just pull the batteries out of the end of the grip (and then reinsert them).

I use Duracell Ultra Power cells, but I've seen the same thing happen in the past with standard Duracells.

Has anyone else seen this happen. It's not a major problem, but I would prefer not to have to unscrew the grip every few minutes.

Tom
http://tjmanson.smugmug.com
D810, D750, N1-J5, N1-V3 (and a few other cameras) and a BIG handful of lenses.

A general, generic topic Grip battery "Intermittent" [View all] , slothead Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Sat 19-May-12 09:50 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Grip battery "Intermittent"