Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is the D700 still worth getting?

Drbee

Naperville, US
5927 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Is the D700 still worth getting?"

Drbee Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Aug 2004
Fri 18-May-12 10:41 PM

You pose a good question. I have a D700 and I think it's all the camera I'm going to need for a long time. However, you are good to question the D700 choice if you are used to heavily cropping a D7000 image for your final results.

I find the 12MP adequate for all of my work which includes some full fame printing. I do heavily crop the D700 frame for the web and for 8x10 images with good results and landscapes figure in a lot of what I do.

However, you are going to loose the crop factor and that may mean new lenses - I don't know if you've figured that into your post production cropping scenario. With the right lenses, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the D700 to anyone wanting to take quality images, but I'm just not sure how interpret your usage.

I guess if there was anything "profound" I could say to your request, it would be to question whether your proposed moved to FX was really required. From what I read on the surface, it would seem to me that more appropriate glass to meet your landscape and basketball specialties might be a good next step.

Roger
It's still, ISO, aperture and shutter-speed, right?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Is the D700 still worth getting? [View all] , drseuss , Fri 18-May-12 08:12 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is the D700 still worth getting?