Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Which Camera to buy

ajdooley

Waterloo, US
3320 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Which Camera to buy"

ajdooley Gold Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006
Thu 17-May-12 11:22 PM

I shoot a ton of high school basketball for a weekly newspaper in SW Illinois. If you can get down on the floor edge, you might consider the 24-70mm f2.8. You can get some very "up close and personal" shots from either side just under the basket. If you are limited to seating areas, the 70-200mm f2.8 is a good bet. I use both. The D700 will do everything you need -- I use two of them in my work, and you can grab some pretty nice ones used these days. If you choose used, I'd stick to Nikonians or a camera store you trust -- or KEH. You will pay at the latter two, but that is compensated for by the surer deal. New D700s are alledgedly reduced in price right now -- they always go down after I buy! BTW, if you are shooting high school ball, offering a CD to the school for the yearbook can grease access to the floor level.

Alan
Waterloo, IL, USA
www.proimagingmidamerica.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Which Camera to buy [View all] , marcus welby , Thu 17-May-12 11:02 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Which Camera to buy