Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 AF question

neurocyclist

US
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D700 AF question"

neurocyclist Registered since 15th Feb 2012
Thu 10-May-12 12:13 PM

I read that the D700 has some sort of facial recognition when set to Auto AF area, don't remember the page of the manual exactly. My question is, when reviewing your picture, is there any way to know where the camera chose to focus, when you shot with Auto AF? I know under 3D tracking, playback shows where exactly the focus point was when the picture was taken, is there any option for that under Auto AF when shooting people?

On a slightly related note, what is the best real world application to take pictures of people walking (such as down a church aisle) while keeping focus on their face and their eyes in particular? Would you suggest the 3D tracking, or the Auto AF with facial recognition?

Thanks for the advice folks!

A general, generic topic D700 AF question [View all] , neurocyclist , Thu 10-May-12 10:13 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700 AF question
Reply message RE: D700 AF question