Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What was that 'THUMP' in the middle of the night?

picbybdm

US
27 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: What was that 'THUMP' in the middle of the night?"

picbybdm Registered since 27th Jan 2012
Wed 09-May-12 09:14 PM

This isn't just a testament to using filters. I don't because I don't want to have to remove them to use a polarizer, I don't want anything between my lens and the image and I don't mind repairing the odd lens if that is needed. It never has been necessary but it could happen. I also don't see the value of spending high dollars on a premier lens only to add layers of glass to the front of it - might as well shoot all your pics through a window.

Further to the topic, your story says more about the tank like build quality of higher end Nikon bodies than it does about the filter. The body and lens hit the ground at velocity also.

A general, generic topic What was that 'THUMP' in the middle of the night? [View all] , piniongear , Mon 07-May-12 02:42 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: What was that 'THUMP' in the middle of the night?