Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Gigapan Epic Pro - lens & software suggestions?

wombatj

UK
9 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Gigapan Epic Pro - lens & software suggestions?"

wombatj Registered since 14th Mar 2012
Tue 01-May-12 02:45 PM | edited Tue 01-May-12 09:41 PM by wombatj

Hello,

My interests lie in architectural photography (and related architectural sculpture) for my teaching and research (art history). I am applying on a departmental budget to purchase a Gigapan Epic Pro to offer my students the next best experience of architectural space other than standing in the buildings themselves.

First question: I use a D700 and the relevant telephotos I own are a 180mm 2.8 AFD and 70-300 VR. Do you have any recommendations re one or other of these lenses for Gigapan high res composite photography (unfortunately the budget won't stretch to a 70-200 2.8!).

Second question: will the bundled software do the job for 360 x >180 composites or must I invest in PTGUI or such-like?

Many thanks in advance of any advice received,

Jethro

ps. this is my first Nikonians post so apologies if it is not within the best discussion thread (I'm stilll finding my way around the site); I figured the D700 was sufficient a connection ...
(UK)

A general, generic topic Gigapan Epic Pro - lens & software suggestions? [View all] , wombatj , Tue 01-May-12 12:45 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Gigapan Epic Pro - lens & software suggestions?