Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon D600 rumor

Hektor

Rancho Palos Verdes - So-Cal, US
716 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon D600 rumor"

Hektor Platinum Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 08th Jan 2008
Thu 07-Jun-12 08:02 AM | edited Thu 07-Jun-12 01:37 PM by Hektor

Hi:

The D600 seems to be more than a rumor, at this time. Of course, I would be very interested in the camera, if it is announced. I will have to upgrade my computer, which I will have to build myself. I’m ready to go with it: Ivory Bridge Xeon quad-core 3.4 MGHz, 32 GB Ram, 512 GB SS C Drive, 750W power source, top-of-the line case, Zalman heat sink, 3 TB disk drive, etc. It will come to ~ $1,800. At this time, I reached the limit with my present PC with what I have. However, my whole present system is in balance – no weak links.

The more I shoot, the more I’m finding out that I’m a traditionalist at heart. I have been getting deeper and deeper into B&W. The following photo is my latest conversion and rendition:

It was processed from the original NEF file in LR and in Photoshop using the plugin Nik Silver Efex Pro 2. I’m still in the process of learning the B&W Post Processing; one can only learn by doing it. Therefore, what’s the significance of this particular photo? It was taken with my old D40 and the 18-70. Is it the equipment or the photographer? By photographer I mean the whole cycle of capturing the image and post-processing. I do not intend to even insinuate that the above photo is excellent or very good, but far from it. There is no question that the photo rendition can be much better. The significance of this image is that it can be up-scaled.

One of my favorite photographers is Bob Krist. I have no doubt that he would take outstanding photos with a pinhole camera.

Best Regards,

Hektor

PS: The above photo is in mild sepia colors and I included white vignetting around the edges. It has to be redone, because it is not quite well centered - no rule of thirds for this one. As I said, it is the learning process.

Redone, but nothing I can do about this one. It was taken off-center. The lines of the side colonnades should lead towards the cross colonnade and the fountain, as a result. I find it a bit annoying due to its "off-centricity."

My Blog: Hektors Blog
My Photo Album: Hektors Photos
My Nikonians Album: My Galleries

Nikonians is our Safe Port and Home in the World Wide Web - Participate as a Full Family Member.

Leica Q - Fujifilm X-T10 - Nikon D5500 (IR) - Nikon D750
Member since 2007 - Previous User Name: Ramesses (2035 posts) A combined total of 2735+ posts and counting.
"Photography is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get." Forrest Gump - The Photo Reviewer.

This is a hot, active topic! Nikon D600 rumor [View all] , kentak Silver Member , Wed 25-Apr-12 09:08 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D600 rumor