Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Counterfeit EN-EL3e Batteries

sfoster

North Yarmouth, US
46 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Counterfeit EN-EL3e Batteries"

sfoster Gold Member Nikonian since 17th Feb 2008
Sat 21-Apr-12 05:09 PM

Clarification. This ebay seller stated it was a Genuine Nikon EN-EL3e battery. He posted a photo of a genuine box and included a photo of a genuine Nikon battery. When it arrived I noticed right away it looked a little different. The color was off compared to my other two genuine batteries. On the back they did a very good job disguising it but when I went to

http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8119/~/counterfeit-and-non-nikon-rechargeable-batteries.#1 and saw Counterfeit product sample #1 and found: (actual photos at this site but not showing here)

Differences between the two items:

Original Nikon battery on the right. Font for the Nikon logo is more bold on the authentic Nikon product.
"Made In China" noted as the country of manufacture.
Highlighting of the noted country of manufacture. (Font is more bold on counterfeit battery.)
Holographic seal dimensions differ, and the counterfeit seal does not have 4 notches cut into the sides.

Counterfeit product sample #2:

Differences between the two items:

Original Nikon battery on the right. Font for the Nikon logo differs. Authentic Nikon battery has a more bold font.
Highlighting of the note regarding 'recycling' differs, centering ,print type, and spacing different.
Holographic seal dimensions differ, and the counterfeit seal does not have 4 notches.
NOTE: Some original Nikon EN-EL3e batteries have cautions written in Chinese, rather than Japanese, on the back (terminal side), as shown.

The color, finish and holograph are the giveaways.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Counterfeit EN-EL3e Batteries [View all] , sfoster Gold Member , Fri 20-Apr-12 07:03 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Counterfeit EN-EL3e Batteries