Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Counterfeit EN-EL3e Batteries

richardd300

Dyserth, UK
4560 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Counterfeit EN-EL3e Batteries"

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009
Sat 21-Apr-12 01:35 PM

That's bad luck buying one thing and getting not what was expected. I don't know about the US, but it appears that OEM Nikon batteries are available at reputable dealers at better prices than claimed OEM Nikon batteries are on e-bay. For example today on Amazon UK they are £32 (approx $48) with free P&P, whereas on e-bay "buy now" the cheapest claimed OEM is about £30, but most appear to be grey imports. I've noticed no end of e-bay sales at higher prices than UK web prices and even retail outlets.

I bought a D90 second hand about 3 years ago and it came with a Hama equivilent. I got rid of my D90, but still use that battery in my D700 and it still charges and lasts as long as my OEM batteries! It even displays charge life on the Nikon menu as my OEM batteries do

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

A general, generic topic Counterfeit EN-EL3e Batteries [View all] , sfoster Gold Member , Fri 20-Apr-12 07:03 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Counterfeit EN-EL3e Batteries