Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Largest print size on D700?

blw

Richmond, US
28713 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Largest print size on D700?"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Sun 15-Apr-12 03:29 PM

With suitable care in capture, post processing and printing, you can make an exhibition-quality 24x36 from 12mp. I've had someone actually take a magnifying glass to one of mine. There was a mild complaint about a little stair-stepping on one high contrast line (about a half inch long - remember this is on a 24x36" print), but that was about it. Seriously, the detail on this one is really good. Of course, conditions were near perfect: 1/100th, f/8, 24-70/f2.8 @ 35mm, big sturdy tripod, cable release, mirror up, absolutely no wind, and details everywhere in the frame. Come to think of it that one was shot on a D2x, not the D3, but still the same 12mp.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A topic tagged as having a question Largest print size on D700? [View all] , landism , Sun 15-Apr-12 08:27 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Largest print size on D700?