Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700: Shutter release problem.

Bob32

Chico, US
5931 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D700: Shutter release problem."

Bob32 Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Jul 2007
Sun 15-Apr-12 02:12 AM

Keith,

Thanks for your reply.

Before I received your message I happened on to a similar setting on my D700 which may explain why I was having shutter release problems. I was setting up my D700 to shoot a rugby game today and noticed that the focus-mode selector on the front of the camera was set to the S position. I don't recall changing this switch after the volleyball games, so it appears likely that I shot the volleyball action with this switch set to S rather than to C where it should have been set to provide continuous focusing for moving subjects. Ugh! I always have the AF-S priority selection set to "Focus" rather than to "Release." This serves to explain why the shutter would sometimes not release when I was photographing the volleyball action. After shooting numerous sports events for the last four years I can't explain how I could overlook setting the focus-mode selector to C. Some things defy explanation! Now I know one of the things to definitely check if I ever encounter shutter release problems in the future!

In shooting the rugby game today I didn't have any shutter release issues with the focus-mode selector set to C. Problem solved--I hope!

Bob

A general, generic topic D700: Shutter release problem. [View all] , Bob32 Silver Member , Sat 14-Apr-12 11:47 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700: Shutter release problem.