Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Forensic Photography

Dallaspilot

Mandeville, US
320 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Forensic Photography"

Dallaspilot Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 18th Oct 2010
Wed 11-Apr-12 12:59 PM | edited Wed 11-Apr-12 01:06 PM by Dallaspilot

I looked it up a couple of years ago (I think at nikonusa.com or nikonpro.com) and remember that it was several hundred dollars. See note at http://www.nikonusa.com/Service-And-Support/Service-Advisories/gpailmpu/Image-Authentication-Software.html It is now an archived Product Product Number: 25738. This may in part to a vulnerability found that allowed false authentication to occur. You may still be able to get the product, though. I recall that the authentication attached only to the raw, or .nef file. Any jpgs did not carry the authentication itself. I shoot everything with authentication turned ON in the camera and thus I could always authenticate later if anything is ever challenged.
If you're working on the prosecution or plaintiff side, I think noting that you shot authenticated images should be enough notice to the folks on the other side of the case. The authentication seems to take very little space in terms of file size, so shooting authenticated is easy. If you go through the process of getting and installing the reader, I'd be interested in hearing about your experience.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question Forensic Photography [View all] , ctadin Gold Member , Sun 08-Apr-12 04:58 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Forensic Photography