Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Lens Mount Question

kluby

US
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Lens Mount Question"

kluby Registered since 13th Jan 2008
Sun 08-Apr-12 12:57 PM

Didn't expect this to be my first post. I have been learning a ton through the forum so thank you to all of the members that are full of knowledge.

I had an unexpected situation happen yesterday during a balloon ride, we came in for a landing extremely hot. I had 24-70 sigma attached to a d700. About 4 people landed on me and we skidded for a few hundred feet. Long story short the lens was ripped from the body and is unrepairable, my question is how to verify that the lens mount on the camera is not bent. I took a couple quick pictures of a stone wall on the side of my house in landscape and portrait orientations, they appear to both look fine and focused. I will still send the camera in for an inspection and cleaning since we landed in a sand field and the camera was exposed without lens for a period of time(although appears to be clean). Would just like to use camera in the mean time.

The pictures are in my gallery, was unsure exactly how to link these images to the post at this time.

Thanks in advance for any helpfull comments on how I could further test the camera.

Jon

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Lens Mount Question [View all] , kluby , Sun 08-Apr-12 10:57 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Lens Mount Question