Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Possible Farewell...

jpFoto

US
1114 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Possible Farewell..."

jpFoto Registered since 25th Jun 2010
Fri 13-Apr-12 09:52 PM

John

I wasn't suggesting that you should buy a D3100 or a D3200, just that if size and weight was the reason that you were moving on, that there were other options. If you are going to keep your D700 then all of your lenses would work with both cameras. Also, the thought of using adapters sounds like a total nightmare to me. Why would you want to do that? I think that the Oly and Panasonic 4/3 cameras look very "cute," but I bought a GF-1 and thought that the IQ was terrible. So, at least with a D3100 or D3200 all of the lenses would work just fine, you just wouldn't be able to autofocus with a couple of them, and if you have some really old lenses, you couldn't meter either, but that is the case with all of the adapters anyway. Maybe you should look at the V1, at least it uses your Nikkor lenses with the FT-1.

jP

A general, generic topic Possible Farewell... [View all] , Johnhw , Fri 06-Apr-12 05:05 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Possible Farewell...
Reply message Why the Oly