Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Possible Farewell...

Johnhw

US
167 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Possible Farewell..."

Johnhw Registered since 09th Jun 2009
Fri 06-Apr-12 07:05 PM

All,

i don;t know if this is the right forum to post this, but I suppose the moderators will move it if need be.
Recently I purchased a Oly E-P3 for a trip. Lugging my SLR gear, even with just 1 50 attached seemed to be an issue. I know it shouldn't be..but it was, I think a weight and size issue more than anything while traveling. The size had stopped me from using my beloved D700 that I had been married too for two years.
Anyway,traveling with the little E was quite a game changer and unfortunately i can;t stand to own gear I don;t use. So I believe it is time to sell/trade as I have a Oly OM-D on order.
In fact, my D800 had come in and for the moment at least, I passed, with some remorse of course just knowing it was going to be a fantastic camera. But I also know I don;t want to deal with the huge files it will put out. I realize i am giving up some things for now while saying goodbye to a SLR but every time I leave the house I have the little E with me. And you know what they say..."I missed 100% of the pictures I didn't take".I think my subjects have taken on more of a static rather than action format from the past also.
Anyway, i have been a member of this board off and on for years and I wanted to thank all of you for your help and knowledge through the years. the aspects of photography I learned here I am taking with me.
I may try to at least just keep the D700, 50 and a few pieces of glass and sell the rest depending on funds, but whatever happens I just wanted to say I love this forum.

Keep shooting!!!!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Possible Farewell... [View all] , Johnhw , Fri 06-Apr-12 05:05 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Possible Farewell...
Reply message Why the Oly