Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

When to buy the D700?

whalo3

US
9 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: When to buy the D700?"

whalo3 Registered since 28th Mar 2012
Fri 06-Apr-12 07:08 PM

Way way way way too much emphasis is placed on shutter count. If you buy a used camera with 5K or 50K do you actually think there's a difference between the two? How do you know that the 5K wasn't in the fannypack of a mountain biker and the 50K one was used only on a tripod in a studio? You don't. People can make any claim they want as well with no way in hell you can prove them right or wrong. You can pick one up used at a considerable savings right now and then take the risk that it's in perfect condition when you receive it. Inspect it and make sure of the terms. It is safe to purchase on ebay through Paypal because they have an excellent return/money back policy set in place now as long as you abide by it. When the D3s cameras come down to about $3K used (maybe in a year) I'll probably pick one up no matter what the shutter count is! They are still a little too high priced used at the moment in my humble opinion. Right now my D700 is my workhorse and you won't regret owning one for a second. Good luck!

A general, generic topic When to buy the D700? [View all] , happierjoy , Thu 05-Apr-12 09:16 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: When to buy the D700?