Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Faces are sooooo red

bernardcollin

bangkok, TH
40 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Faces are sooooo red"

bernardcollin Registered since 03rd Apr 2011
Tue 27-Mar-12 02:52 AM

I opened your photos on my monitor, iMac calibrated and they are a bit red, but nothing that could not be fixed. I am waiting for your comments when you have tried new shots after you reset to factory default

I used a WB tool from aperture to see how it would react and it slightly removed a bit of the red, not enough on the man, however I simply used one click in a grey area.

I then used my normal tool, nik software as a plug in and used color efex pro and used the remove color cast filter. It did remove enough of the red by default to make it look good on my monitor

I am also wondering why you use sRGB for shooting. I would have thought RGB for shooting when you will print and sRGB if you post them on a web. I might be wrong but would try this also.

I would also make sure I take a shot without the flash or strobe and this in manual setup as what you are going to use for the final photo, and see if anything appears on your screen. If it does, I would increase the shutter speed till I can remove all ambient. I guess your D700 can be used up to 250, however at low ISO, you will lose the ambient below 200 already.

That's all I can imagine to test,
here are the corrected photos I had with just one click on nik
http://bernardcollin.smugmug.com/Other/tests/22129471_gq5gDW
by the way I seem to have the exif data someone mentioned that were missing

good luck
bernard

In the end, once you have checked with the default settings, and check if use RGB and get a result from a lab on a print, if you want to reduce the red you can modify it in your camera setting and create a new default position. And get it to what you want for your taste.

my photos on: http://bernardcollin.smugmug.com/

This is a hot, active topic! Faces are sooooo red [View all] , Porzellangasse , Sat 24-Mar-12 06:40 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Faces are sooooo red
                              Reply message is this over without a solution or finding?
                                   Reply message RE: is this over without a solution or finding?