Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 Self Timer Dilemna.

edwin1ejb

Glendale, US
533 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D700 Self Timer Dilemna."

edwin1ejb Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Jan 2003
Sat 24-Mar-12 02:50 AM

Please HELP!
I have set the Fn button on my D700 to activate "Live View". I am trying to set the "Depth of Field" button to activate "Self Timer", BUT no Luck.
My problem is that when I have the D700 on my tripod , it is very hard to go into "Self Timer" mode because as you know the control is on the wheel that is on top and to the left of the camera along with S, CL, CH, LV etc... AND since the camera is on tripod at about eyelevel , it is VERY hard to see to switch to "Self Timer" mode, (Especially in twilight hours).
Does anyone know if there is a way to assign "Self Timer" to anyone of the customizable buttons on the D700; or a quick way to get to the "Self Timer"?
I know on the D800, they moved the writing to the edge of the wheel instead of on top, which makes it very easy to see; BUT I don't want to spend $3000 just for this Feature!!! LOL!! PLUS, I really do not need 36 Megapixels; Especially at the expense of worse noise at high ISOs.
Please help!

Much Appreciated.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D700 Self Timer Dilemna. [View all] , edwin1ejb Silver Member , Sat 24-Mar-12 01:50 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700 Self Timer Dilemna.