Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Adhesive bond failure on D700 exterior rubber panels

KolinP

Weston-super-Mare, UK
248 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Adhesive bond failure on D700 exterior rubber panels"

KolinP Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 13th May 2006
Fri 16-Mar-12 02:23 AM

I'd heard about this happening with the D700 at least once in the past, and I'd hoped it was a rare phenomenon with cameras more recent than the D200, but it seems not!!!

So far my lightly-used D700 isn't showing this symptom, but the rubber panels on my D200 failed badly, with no obvious 'provocation' except my appropriately-firm grip while using and carrying the camera.

So ... to make my main point here, and to join you Bob in venting some steam ... I am frankly amazed that Nikon hasn't yet adopted a far more durable 'interface' between the camera body and our hands!

Besides our use of the viewfinder, our grip on the camera is after all the most intimate contact we have with these otherwise wonderful instruments. When that grip becomes uncertain and/or uncomfortable, it has a major negative impact (speaking for myself at least) on my confidence and assurance while 'deploying' the camera from rest, up to my eye.

(I could go on .... )

C'mon Nikon ... please make this a non-issue in future cameras. These 'creeping' rubbers are distinctly UN-classy, and they're out of kilter with our cameras' high specifications in every other respect!!

Colin P.

--
Staying busy is easy. Setting priorities is harder!
A doorway to my other photo sites

A general, generic topic Adhesive bond failure on D700 exterior rubber panels [View all] , Bob32 Silver Member , Wed 14-Mar-12 03:10 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Adhesive bond failure on D700 exterior rubber panel...