Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Compact Flash Card Failure with D700

nathantw

US
184 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Compact Flash Card Failure with D700"

nathantw Registered since 16th Jan 2008
Fri 16-Mar-12 10:24 PM

Believe me, I used all the DOS tricks to try to bring one of the Lexar cards back to life. I normally did a low level format on the Kingston 32GB cards and then a format in camera and it'll work fine for a few shots then became unreliable after the first pictures were taken off. Just not worth the effort. I use the cards to transfer files from one computer to the next now. Not worth risking with pictures.

The corrupt pictures on the cards were unrecoverable using a couple different recovery programs. So that's probably why Lexar decided to replace the cards. It was just happening too often with the cards I have. I expect to have it start happening again with the new 400x card. I just chocked it up to the D700 not being able to work with 32GB CF cards.

As for why 32GB, it's more for my Gigapan. Being able to shoot 1100 RAW and basic-jpg files is really nice. I did use the Lexars when I was in Hungary and they came in handy since I basically used both cards up with pictures.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Also http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathantw/

A general, generic topic Compact Flash Card Failure with D700 [View all] , Mike in FL Silver Member , Mon 12-Mar-12 07:38 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Compact Flash Card Failure with D700