Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Raw V jpg in bracketing

TheAncientSnapper

UK
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Raw V jpg in bracketing"

TheAncientSnapper Registered since 26th Feb 2012
Mon 05-Mar-12 04:07 PM

Thank you - I'll go and digest his words.

But your logic is correct and I'm glad I've always used jpg bracketing to take my difficult exposures - the inside of churches especially.

I met a pro taking photos in a church the other day and he said I was wasting my time with jpg bracketing - he did a single RAW. So I thought I'd see if he was right!

My only gripe is the miserable 1EV step on the D700 - my old D70 allowed 2EVs and thus I could get away with 3 exposures, instead of now having to take 5!

The other problem I use to have was mirror slap on slow exposures - so the delayed exposure is a great feature. I've added a cheap MB-D10 with an infra remote - so all is looking good

Chris

A general, generic topic Raw V jpg in bracketing [View all] , TheAncientSnapper , Mon 05-Mar-12 02:33 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Raw V jpg in bracketing
Reply message RE: Raw V jpg in bracketing