Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Raw V jpg in bracketing

TheAncientSnapper

UK
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Raw V jpg in bracketing"

TheAncientSnapper Registered since 26th Feb 2012
Mon 05-Mar-12 03:33 PM

I've just done a wee test bracketing +/-2EV in jpg and comparing that to a single RAW exposure (all on Manual setting - 200ASA & Active D-lighting auto).

I notice that the +2EV jpg exposure shows considerably less noise in the (now lightened) shadow area compared to the RAW (14bits) exposure adjusted in ViewNX2 by +2eEV - when inspecting the image at 200%

I had thought that I would save space and processing by just taking one RAW shot (20Mb), compared to 5 jpg (5x6MB) ones (because we can only do a bracket in 1EV steps). The contrast of the RAW image is better however.

Quite a surprise - just thought I would share that and wait to be told I'm hoping for too much from a RAW image!

A general, generic topic Raw V jpg in bracketing [View all] , TheAncientSnapper , Mon 05-Mar-12 02:33 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Raw V jpg in bracketing
Reply message RE: Raw V jpg in bracketing