Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Eventual price of D700's?

Kentcrawford

Fort Worth, US
40 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Eventual price of D700's?"

Kentcrawford Registered since 21st Oct 2011
Mon 05-Mar-12 12:53 AM

A D700 in that price range would, no doubt, be fairly well used. I do believe that unless you NEED video or HUGE prints, the D700 brand new for $2200 ain't a bad way to go right now. Because of the vast differences between the two bodies and the fact that even Nikon says the D800 is not a replacement for the D700, I think many people will keep their 700's and many will continue to buy them. If people shooting a 700 need a new body, they will have a decision to make. If they don't need a new body, I think a significant amount will wait. IMO the D4 makes more sense as a replacement for the D700 except of course for the huge price difference. Personally, if my 700 disappeared tonight I would buy another one tomorrow. If I were to add another body in the short term, it would be a D3s unless I win the lottery or Nikon gives us a D700s. I love my 700 and the 800 doesn't improve on the things that I love about the 700 enough for me to switch at all. But then again, that's just me. I don't think either body would be a mistake if you're wanting an FX camera, however. Good luck!

Visit my galleries at: www.kentcrawfordphotography.com

A general, generic topic Eventual price of D700's? [View all] , Omaha , Sun 04-Mar-12 05:26 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Eventual price of D700's?