Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 Lens Compatability

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3574 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D700 Lens Compatability"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Sun 04-Mar-12 09:16 AM

No, it is a terrible lens, being nice I will take that worthless clunker of a lens off your hands by trading a nice compact 18-105vr..

Seriously. The VRII version was a rework of the older highly respected 70-200VR1 2.8 that was a little dark in the corners on FX sized sensors. The new model, the VRII solved the coverage issue and used a new optical formula that surpassed the old one in sharpness, color and corner to corner coverage on FX. The 70-200 is one of the most desired lenses in the line up for its versatility, range and ruggedness. I use the older version as my main walking around lens and portrait lens on DX, over several high performance primes like the 85 1.4. It is that good.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question D700 Lens Compatability [View all] , anselwanabe Silver Member , Fri 02-Mar-12 05:35 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700 Lens Compatability