Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 first impressions What yours ??

runr44

US
32 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D700 first impressions What yours ??"

runr44 Registered since 02nd Aug 2008
Thu 14-Aug-08 12:45 AM | edited Thu 14-Aug-08 01:21 AM by runr44

I've had mine for about a week now adn have been using it pretty consistently. It is a very solid feeling camera. The weight is part of it, but each control has a positive feedback and it just feels very "tight" like a pro level camera should.

I am coming from a D70 and an FE2. The D700 is in a different league than the D70. The controls are much more intuitive adn accessible - clearly they had the pro market in mind on the D700. I like the focusing, the overrides, the ability to set up bracketing with a few movements and the LCD is superb.

I have found this to be like any good quality instrument - it makes you want to use it more and more. Each time you discover a little more about how it operates adn you can feel it becoming an extension of you. I always felt a slight barrier between the D70 and my photographic alter ego. I feel much more like I do with my FE2 when I use the D700 - a camera that is just comfortable.

I haven't processed any of the images yet but I have viewed them and I am very pleased.

This was a little pricey, but definitely a good investment. I have no regrets.

*** EDIT *** I did process one for the posting. It took a factor of 38 compression to get it under the 150K size. There may be a better way to reduce the size, but you get a sense of the image anyway.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

A general, generic topic D700 first impressions What yours ?? [View all] , ghamden , Wed 13-Aug-08 01:02 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700 first impressions What yours ??