Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

UpStrap QR DIY webbing

PaulBennett

US
321 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"UpStrap QR DIY webbing"

PaulBennett Registered since 09th May 2008
Tue 12-Aug-08 10:45 AM

Another post made me aware of the popular UpStrap QR. And it's MM FF connectors, reasons why the UpStrap people chose MM FF rather than MF and FM. I'm not satisfied with their product as is.

Has anyone made their own QR straps? I have a large box of various width webbing from 1/4" to 2" and various molded plastic gizmos for them, mostly acquired at REI outdoor store. Somewhat customized a Bazooby vest and belt for 2 cameras, lenses, water bottle etc etc etc.

I'd like to start with the Upstrap QR system but customize it by am stopped by lack of a large sewing machine or other means of securely attaching the web to the plastic ends.

Has anyone tackled such a web customizing job, and if so, what did you use or whose services did you use to fasten the webbing? Upholstery shop?

A general, generic topic UpStrap QR DIY webbing [View all] , PaulBennett , Tue 12-Aug-08 08:45 AM