Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Where's the beep & AF illum

PaulBennett

US
321 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Where's the beep & AF illum"

PaulBennett Registered since 09th May 2008
Mon 11-Aug-08 03:02 AM | edited Mon 11-Aug-08 05:26 AM by PaulBennett

I too found that AF-S is required for the headlight to blink on.

So, I'm certain a little more playing will get the beep to sound as well. But fact is the little musical note in the lcd is there but the audible note doesn't sound regarless of H or L setting or ??.

My first Nikon digital, the D70s is still rather new to me after a month, but I did get used to it's incessant focus beep (never got used to it's balking shutter without being focused). The D700 is strangely silent although I appreciate it's willing shutter release under any circumstances.

What a difference in images tho. Family members are placing dibs on the D70s but think I'll keep it for eBay/web images...it's quick and dirty...well quick.

Digital quality is approaching film. Not there yet but mighty close and convenient, but the D700 with the 14-24 is like carrying the 4x5 weightwise. Have to get a MB-D10 with a load of batteries and will be able to skip the gym.

Good thing there is no D700 operators test to pass before taking it out.

A general, generic topic Where's the beep & AF illum [View all] , PaulBennett , Sun 10-Aug-08 05:32 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Where's the beep & AF illum