Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What happened to remote control?

agitater

Toronto, CA
4527 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: What happened to remote control?"

agitater Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 18th Jan 2007
Sat 02-Aug-08 05:55 PM

I am using the my MC-30 on both my D3 and D700. It works perfectly because both cameras have Nikon's standard 10-pin port. I own an MC-36 but never use it. I tried it on the D700 a couple days ago and again, because it uses the standard Nikon 10-pin connection, it works perfectly on the D700.

The MC-36 is far too expensive for simple remote shutter release use. Unless you needs its built-in timer control features, stay with the MC-30 which has a remote trigger button as well as a sliding lock switch for Bulb exposures that you time yourself.

The Modulite ML-3 is only a bit more expensive than the MC-36 and has the advantage of being infrared (untethered). Just keep in mind that you have to have line of sight between handheld remote controls and sensor on the Modulite receiver mounted in the hot shoe in order to trigger the shutter. Also note that if you're using the hot shoe for something else (like a flash for instance), you can't use the Modulite.

My Photo.Net Gallery
My Nikonians Gallery

Howard Carson

A general, generic topic What happened to remote control? [View all] , morten1 , Sat 02-Aug-08 02:11 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: What happened to remote control?
                    Reply message RE: remote with time lapse?