Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Kirk L bracket for D700 -photos available

DKESLERFL

Miami (Coconut Grove), US
3198 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Food for thought"

DKESLERFL Registered since 21st Mar 2003
Wed 30-Jul-08 02:50 PM

Thanks John,

Yes the 24 is in my near future. It depends on what happens at Photokina. I have an old 35 2.8 PC that I really like but haven't been able to use that often with the DX sensors. One very cool thing about the shift is that by shifting to the limit in portrait - you get two shots that are perfectly lapped for stitching without any nodal point distortion. Bingo! a near 24 mp and near 4X5 ratio image. A painless and elegant way to extend the format. I can't wait to see the IQ with that many of those gorgeous pixels involved with the same image.

I have the 14-24 2.8 and I'm really excited about it as well. It has been stellar on the D2X.

My L brackets stay on 90% of the time. I take them off if I don't carry a mono or tripod and plan to shoot from a bean bag or the top of my wife's purse (can be a great support in a pinch BTW).

Regards,

Don Kesler

http://www.donaldkesler.com

Through the judicious use of adjustment layers, no pixels were actually harmed in the processing of my shots..

A general, generic topic Kirk L bracket for D700 -photos available [View all] , dgillilan Silver Member , Mon 28-Jul-08 02:49 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Kirk L bracket for D700 -photos available
Reply message Food for thought
     Reply message RE: Food for thought
          Reply message RE: Food for thought