Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Kirk L bracket for D700 -photos available

JHubbard

US
58 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Kirk L bracket for D700 -photos available"

JHubbard Gold Member Nikonian since 17th Feb 2004
Mon 28-Jul-08 11:09 PM

Debra,
FWIW, the picture of the RRS D700 L-Bracket that has been on their site lately has generated a fair amount of customer (negative) feedback due to the thickness of the bracket (side). I spoke RRS today and they have decided to redesign the bracket to, I guess, resemble the decidedly more svelte D300 bracket. They expect a couple weeks to get the prototype. In the meantime, I am using my D300 bracket and cushioning it by placing a piece of terrycloth material between the camera and bracket. Works great for now and no marks on my D700. Somewhat Rube Goldberg (or MacGuyer, I guess) but what the heck.

John

A general, generic topic Kirk L bracket for D700 -photos available [View all] , dgillilan Silver Member , Mon 28-Jul-08 02:49 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Kirk L bracket for D700 -photos available
Reply message Food for thought
     Reply message RE: Food for thought
          Reply message RE: Food for thought