Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Spectric

North Cumbria, UK
417 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: dx on d700"

Spectric Registered since 04th Nov 2004
Fri 25-Jul-08 12:30 PM

Hi all

As a serious amateur I have read and studied everything to do with taking pictures & using my camera but you eventually learn that no mater how good you are at using the tools, you have no control over the light and the hardest thing to learn is actually composition.

I used to go on vacation & always take lots of images and then bin most once I got home, then as my knowledge & experience grew I would take more time at the shoot, delete the obvious no hopers there & then & only bring home the better shots. I then reached the stage where I would bring home many good shots but they were good shots of nothing, lacking a focus or point of interest & only I really knew the intentions. One thing I have learnt is that when you see a shot stop & capture it as it's no good saying I will do it on the way back !

Now I spend more time looking at a scene, evaluating it and finding the best point from which to shoot only to be defeated by the weather or light, good old british summertime !

all the best
Roy

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic dx on d700 [View all] , jasonikon , Thu 24-Jul-08 06:09 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: dx on d700