Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
jasonikon

UK
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"dx on d700"

jasonikon Registered since 13th Apr 2008
Thu 24-Jul-08 08:09 AM

anybody got simple answers to simple Qs. Seems to be a lot of doom around about the DX on FX sensors. I just put my 17-55mm on my FM2 and, hey presto, the vignetting disappears as soon as it reaches its 'digital' or 'true' focal length, i.e. 24mm. Im not trying to outsmart anyone here, i just want answers before i splurge on a d700. So does this mean that all DX lenses will behave in the same way, in which case its no big deal, is it? I mean you just put a little marker at the 24mm or wherever the lens stops vignetting and away you go....this make sense....i mean we all bought the 17-55 knowing we were getting a 24mm-70 something, just turns into a 24mm-55mm on the d700, doesnt it? Id like to know, Rockwell seems to suggest that the whole affair drops to below the resolution of a D40 which it would if you were only limited to the centre 'DX' part of the sensor...but are you? Answers please guys. Many thanks

jasonikon

A general, generic topic dx on d700 [View all] , jasonikon , Thu 24-Jul-08 06:09 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: dx on d700