Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Using a new camera on assignment

gbayles200

Reston, US
34 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Using a new camera on assignment"

gbayles200 Registered since 27th Feb 2008
Tue 22-Jul-08 04:11 AM

I hear what you are saying but not everyone has so much money. I had to upgrade to a D200 for a wedding and didn't drift far from A mode with exposure compensation & minor tweeks. My D70 was adequate but occasionally created unreadable shots and wasn't reliable enough. I would have liked to had more time with the D200 but, as always: diapers, kids clothes, rent/mortgage, electricity, etc. outweigh a new camera without an immediate $$$ benefit.

It also depends on the subject matter. I certainly wouldn't use a new camera exclusively if National Geographic called me up to do an assignment on Tuareg's in Mali (although I'd be willing if they read this!).

A general, generic topic Using a new camera on assignment [View all] , df222 , Tue 22-Jul-08 12:27 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Using a new camera on assignment