Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 thoughts and muses - Very long.

ospierling

Dubai, AE
114 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D700 thoughts and muses - Very long."

ospierling Registered since 27th Apr 2006
Tue 22-Jul-08 05:44 AM

Nice post - in your first paragraph replace Pentax ME Super with Olympus OM-2n and it sounds like my own photographic history. And your reference to cycling: There is also something like NAS when it comes to cycling. In my case it was called CAS (Cannondale....) and I knew very well that the even ligher road bike frame would not make me faster or a better cyclist, but still I wanted it. It is just awesome to lift an ultralight bike...

Back to our photography: Like you intend to leave out the D700 (I hope for you that you will succeed, but NAS can hit in quite hard), I left out the D300 hoping for a less expensive low light full frame (I love 14mm) alternative to the D3. Now that the D700 is here, I am tempted, even though I currently enjoy the challenge to max out the D200 capabilities with carefully chosen low light exposure plus Aperture 2 and Noise Ninja (with good results!) - still, I'm thinking about the D700.

Enjoy your D300 and I really agree with what has been said before: In many cases the gear does not matter, in fact I took quite a number of great shots with a low spec Casio P&S just because I carried it in my pocket when I would never have taken the big one with me...

Oliver

A general, generic topic D700 thoughts and muses - Very long. [View all] , Shakenbake , Mon 21-Jul-08 02:36 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700 thoughts and muses - Very long.
     Reply message non camera comment