Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D700 thoughts and muses - Very long.

pixurit

CA
50 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D700 thoughts and muses - Very long."

pixurit Registered since 09th Apr 2008
Mon 21-Jul-08 06:20 PM

Very sound reasoning ShakenBake. I admire your resolve in avoiding NAS.

My history in photography is similar to yours. My first camera was at age 7, I believe it used 110 size film (remember flash cubes?).

I have lusted after an Fx Nikon since the D1. I avoided Dx lenses even though Nikon and their dealers insisted, until about a year and a half ago, that they would NEVER make a full frame DSLR. The only Dx lens I own is a Tokina 12-24.

Anyways, being a D200 shooter and having avoided NAS for the D300/D3 generation, the D700 is irresistable. Wide at 24mm, 35mm format depth of field, low light capabilities, and D200/D300 size were enough to overwhelm any resistance to NAS I thought I had. I'm first on the list at my local dealer (paid a $660 deposit for the priveledge) and am like a kid at Christmas waiting for the arrival of my new toy.

Will I take better photos? Probably not. The D200 is an amazing camera that produces excellent photos when used within its limits.

I have, however, hit the limits of what I can do with the D200 many times and look forward to the capabilities of my new D700. If not better pictures then at least I can look forward to more opportunities for getting the shot I want.

Thank you Nikon.

-----------------------

I never have taken a picture I've intended. They're always better or worse. - Diane Arbus

A general, generic topic D700 thoughts and muses - Very long. [View all] , Shakenbake , Mon 21-Jul-08 02:36 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D700 thoughts and muses - Very long.
     Reply message non camera comment