Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

2011 Eastern Sierra/Owens Valley Workshop Wrap-up/Revie...

haysys

Sammamish, US
127 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: 2011 Eastern Sierra/Owens Valley Workshop Wrap-up/Review"

haysys Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Apr 2007
Sun 13-Nov-11 11:24 PM | edited Sun 13-Nov-11 11:26 PM by haysys

Hello All,

The Eastern Sierras are simply magical. Our time in and around the valley--North, South, East and West--was filled by great photo opportunities... All it takes to capture these magical moments is stamina, knowing where they are, when to be there, and the skills to do so. From my point of view, this workshop is the perfect way to experience and photograph the Eastern Sierras. Just grit your teeth for early mornings, pay attention to your workshop leaders and learn.

I am continually impressed by Michael's knowledge of the places in which he conducts these workshops. The amount of energy in planning, discovery and adjustment to events only becomes apparent after you travel to (arriving within minutes of the best capture time) these tucked-in, out-of-the-way places. His knowledge is astounding and his willingness to share it is truly generous.

I feel my growth as a photographer was significant in this workshop. I went on for another 10 days after the workshop to shoot manual for all of my landscape shots. And I'll continue to do so whenever timing of the shot permits it.

Thank you, Michael!!

Cheers!!

David Hays
http://artis.com

A general, generic topic 2011 Eastern Sierra/Owens Valley Workshop Wrap-up/Revie... [View all] , mmariant Team Member Expert photography teacher , Sat 12-Nov-11 04:33 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: 2011 Eastern Sierra/Owens Valley Workshop Wrap-up/R...