Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Looking for a good printer in the 300$ price range

anomy

1019 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Looking for a good printer in the 300$ price range"

anomy Basic Member
Thu 30-May-02 11:54 PM

Jon-

I agree with dogbyte to a point, but I'm going to suggest something even more radical.

I have a 1280 and use the Cone Editions PiezographyBW system. The prints I get are beyond amazing. This set up is for black and white only, but Cone is coming out with a color version very soon, a couple of months, I think. You can get info on piezography, and even get samples sent to you, at their web site www.coneeditions.com. These guys are the real deal and if you are serious about getting fantastic prints (no dot patterns!!!) look them up before you commit.

Okay, now the bad news. The printer alone is $200 more than you want to spend, and then you have to buy the Cone stuff. However, if you are like me, and it sounds like you value quality in your work, nothing I have seen, even giclee prints, can beat this set up. Plus, using their system opens up your paper varieties to about 20 different kinds!!!

Best of luck, and if you want more info from me feel free to e-mail.

Best regards,
Preston

A topic tagged as someone looking for information Looking for a good printer in the 300$ price range [View all] , jpellant , Sat 11-May-02 01:08 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message Epson 820 or 890 6 color inkjets...
Reply message RE: Epson 820 or 890 6 color inkjets...
Reply message RE: Looking for a good printer in the 300$ price range