Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Looking for a good printer in the 300$ price range

jpellant

Waltham, US
57 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Epson 820 or 890 6 color inkjets..."

jpellant Registered since 09th May 2002
Thu 30-May-02 01:29 AM

Just got back from the computer store. I was comparing prints from an Epson 820 and the Canon S820 with a 10x lens.

The Cannon got the marks for the sharpest circles (the Epson seemed to have more aliasing on the diagonals). The Epson got the marks for color representation though. There appeard to be vertical banding on the Canon in the hightones. Skintones had noticable cyan vertical lines through them (at 10x). These were not visible with the naked eye however. They both appeared about the same with midtones. The Cannon looked like truer lowtones.

Looking at the price is probably the closer for me-- Epson 820 = $99, Canon S820 = $299. I can buy a lot of ink and paper for $200!

Unless you all have another suggestion, I'll probably go with the Epson 820.

--Jon

A topic tagged as someone looking for information Looking for a good printer in the 300$ price range [View all] , jpellant , Sat 11-May-02 01:08 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message Epson 820 or 890 6 color inkjets...
Reply message RE: Epson 820 or 890 6 color inkjets...
Reply message RE: Looking for a good printer in the 300$ price range