Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Dull colors in prints

dogbyte

Reading, UK
60 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Dull colors in prints"

dogbyte Registered since 17th Mar 2002
Thu 26-Sep-02 06:29 AM

I had the same problem when I had to replace my hard drive. If the colours are less vivid first check what colour space you are working in of course - if its a wide gamut rather than sRGB or Adobe RGB 1998 they will appear duller but you will have a wider range to work on.
Then make sure you have downloaded and installed the paper profiles rather than the profile just for the printer.
I have pinned a card to the wall by my desk to remind me of the print workflow:
Document Source Space: "Adobe RGB 1998"
Print Space Profile: "as paper type" e.g. premium glossy photo paper
Intent: "Perceptual"
Setup: "1290" - the UK's 1280
Properties: select paper type e.g. premium glossy
check print preview box
advanced, 1440ppi, high speed off, NO COLOUR ADJUSTMENT (very important)
paper, check size, orientation,printable area

Then as you come out, check that the Document source space is still Adobe RGB 1998, and that the Print Space Profile paper type is still as it should be - it has an annoying habit of jumping back to its previous setting. Then print
The full tutorial is at www.computer-darkroom.co.uk

Pete

A general, generic topic Dull colors in prints [View all] , spacer Awarded for his contributions to the Resources , Wed 25-Sep-02 03:19 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Dull colors in prints