Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

epson 1280 question

RRowlett

Hamilton, US
1258 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Before attempting to troubleshoot any more..."

RRowlett Gold Member Charter Member
Mon 14-Oct-02 01:45 PM

...I would suggest first uninstalling the 1280 printer in the control panel, then downloading and installing the latest printer driver and ink monitor software from the Epson site. Then re-install the printer.

When you install the 1280 under one of the newer versions of Windows, it will grab a Windows driver rather than the Epson driver unless you have previously loaded and installed the Epson driver files. The Windows driver works poorly, and is not as fully functional as the Epson drivers.

If the problem persists, double-check USB cable security, switching cables if necessary, and print directly from the computer USB port to exclude problems with a USB hub. This is a long shot, but a possible problem.

For any color-cast problems with any Epson printer, the first thing you should do is a nozzle check to make sure all color heads are printing properly. If the nozzle check is OK, then double-check that the proper color management mode is turned on in the Epson print dialog box, and that the matching mode is selected in Photoshop. Mismatches between color management handling in the printer dialogs and Photoshop output color space will cause strange color casts.

Cheers.

A topic tagged as in need of help epson 1280 question [View all] , mrdinh , Fri 11-Oct-02 02:08 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: epson 1280 question
Reply message RE: epson 1280 question PURPLE HAZE all thru my print
Reply message Before attempting to troubleshoot any more...
Reply message RE: Before attempting to troubleshoot any more...
     Reply message RE: Before attempting to troubleshoot any more...
     Reply message In my experience...