Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Epson paper profiles

BJNicholls

Salt Lake City, US
10095 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Epson paper profiles"

BJNicholls Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the community and the Resources Charter Member
Sun 24-Nov-02 11:02 PM

I have had prints from my 1270 (same ink chemistry as all the 6 color printers) fade in weeks when left exposed to contstant airflow from an air conditioner. The cyan fade is an oxidation issue, so protecting prints from air exposure by glazing or sleeving them is your only assurance of getting a reasonable print life. I found the Colorlife paper surface to be extremely vulnerable to moisture as well, so it needs protection for safe handling.

Although the print quality doesn't look great, I'd also have liked the CD printing feature the 2100 gets. I'm surprised that this long after the introduction that the 2200 is still hard to find. There was a long wait for an archival print solution and a lot of pent-up demand.

I installed the French Grey Balancer and did the English patch. It worked. I still need to order a Kodak grey card and get some time to play with the program. I agree that Epson USA should be ashamed of shortchanging US buyers.

Best,

BJ

Zenfolio gallery

A topic tagged as news Epson paper profiles [View all] , Cmyers , Fri 22-Nov-02 05:13 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Epson paper profiles