Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Epson 4900 Install problem

sixpack

SC, US
131 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Epson 4900 Install problem"

sixpack Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Jun 2004
Mon 25-Feb-13 02:22 PM

Update: Yesterday, I uninstalled the Epson software and reinstalled it but had not uninstalled the printer hardware in my printer/fax preferences. I deleted the printer Epson 4900 and reinstalled it. The printer picked up the Epson drivers and is now recognizing my different papers. Apparently, I had a bad driver and the computer did not recognize the new drivers until I deleted and reinstalled the hardware. So, on a Mac, I would suggest the following steps:

Delete Epson printer from printer preferences menu.
Go to Epson and download Epson software.
In the install tab, click and uninstall Epson software.
Reinstall Epson software
Reinstall Epson printer hardware.

Now I am dealing with color issues. I called Epson this morning and apparently I have clogged heads. I am going thru the cycles and hopefully will be printing in the near future.

Thanks for those who reviewed this post. I hope this information is helpful to others.

Robert

A general, generic topic Epson 4900 Install problem [View all] , sixpack Silver Member , Sun 24-Feb-13 03:15 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Epson 4900 Install problem