Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Monitor and Printer Calibration

esantos

McAllen, US
13240 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Monitor and Printer Calibration"

esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. Nikonian since 10th Nov 2002
Fri 25-Jan-13 06:42 PM | edited Fri 25-Jan-13 06:44 PM by esantos

Doug,

I highly recommend using the NEC SpectraView II calibration software when running an NEC monitor. They are tightly integrated and calibration/profiling could not be easier and fool proof. The big difference (and this is very significant) is that SpectraView II uses the monitor LUT to build the monitor profile data instead of using the LUT of your video card. It also has direct access to the monitor controls. This will give you a much better calibration/profiling. The process is totally automated once you set the calibration parameters (target luminance, contrast, white point, etc.) you want.

When I got my NEC I initially used my X-Rite i1Pro sensor and iMatch 3 software. The results were not nearly as accurate when I decided to get SpectraView II. The good news is that you can get the ColorMunki system to profile your printer/paper/ink combinations (you don't actually calibrate it, this is done at the factory) and use the ColorMunki colorimeter (sensor) with SpectraView II just like I use my i1Pro. It is fully compatible according to the NEC website here:

http://www.necdisplay.com/support-and-services/spectra-view-II/Compatibility#system_requirements

You can order just the SpectraView II software direct from NEC here:

http://www.necdisplay.com/p/SVIISOFT-W

Ernesto Santos
esartprints.com Ernesto Santos Photography
Get my new e-Book "Churches of Texas"

A general, generic topic Monitor and Printer Calibration [View all] , dalafleur Silver Member , Fri 25-Jan-13 03:21 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Monitor and Printer Calibration